Despite it snowing a few days ago, it is nearly May and it is finally starting to feel like the spring. With that in mind, in our household we start to think about getting in shape for the rapidly approaching summer. Going for runs, eating healthily, trying to squeeze back into the clothes from last summer. We all know the drill
As for eating more health, this means more veg and probably salads. Lots of salads. So, my smoked salmon salad is something that has come out of a need to both eat healthily and use up leftovers in the fridge. It was a pretty good result. The peppery rocket matched well with cucumber and the sweet sharp tang of jazz apples. The slivers of salmon, with dill and a sweet maple vinaigrette complete the dish.
A great mix-n-match salad
It is worth trying, but also worth trying to interchange the ingredients to see what can be created. Change the cucumber with quick pickled carrots, the salmon with chicken, maybe toss in some salad potatoes, change the dill with chives. The point is, it is a great salad on their own, but it is also a great mix and match salad.
Smoke Salmon Salad
Smoked Salmon Salad
- 1 Jazz Apple thinly slices
- 100 g of Smoked Salmon cut into thin strips
- Handful of fresh Dill
- Large packet of rocket or arugula.
- Lemon cut into wedges
- ¼ cup Olive oil
- Cucumber sliced
- 1 small Garlic clove mashed into a pulp
- 1 TB Apple cider vinegar
- 1 ts dijon mustard
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- Put the garlic pulp, oil, vinegar, mustard and maple syrup into a container. Shake to mix. Season with salt as desired.
- Toss all other ingredients together, and sprinkle with the vinaigrette to taste. Eat right way.