A Dagwood sandwich, first made popular by the cartoon strip Blondie. It is essentially a sandwich which aspires vertically. Layers of cheese, meat, tomatoes, lettuce and anything else you might want to add.
- Large loaf of bread a bloomer
- 3 TB Mayo
- 2-3 Sun-dried tomatoes minced
- 5 sliced of water thin smoked ham
- 5 slices of roast beef
- 5 slices of roast chicken
- 5 slices wafer thin mortadella
- 3 slices of emmental
- 1 TB american mustard
- 1 large tomato
- 1 head of iceberg lettuce
Mix the mayo with the sun-dried tomatoes and mustard.
Slice the loaf in half, possibly hollowing out part of the loaf to reduce the amount of bread. Spread both sides with the mayo mix.
Starting with the cheese, layer the meats and cheese, evenly covering the hole loaf.
Top with tomato slices, and then the lettuce.
Complete the sandwich and place in the fridge for 30min to chill.